In view of the cases of Monkeypox infection reported in several European countries including Italy, Sial S.r.l., as well as during the emergency situation from COVID-19, promptly acted in identifying a kit in RT-qPCR for detection of Monkeypox virus.
The kit from Creative Biogene, which we distributed, has the following specifications:
- Ready to use
- No. of tests per package: 25 tests
- Sensitivity: 5×10^3 copies/ml
- LOQ: 1 × 10^4 ~ 1 × 10^8 copies/ml
- The kit contains: DNA Extraction Buffer (for DNA extraction in 20′), MPV Reaction Mix, PCR Enzyme Mix, Molecular Grade Water and Internal Control (IC).
- FAM channel: detection of amplified fragments of Monkeypox Virus DNA
- HEX/VIC/JOE channel: detection of internal control.
Such a kit also turns out to be compatible with several commercially available thermal cyclers such as:
- LightCycler 1.0, LightCycler 2.0
- PE5700, MJ-Opticon & other single color systems
- ABI7000, ABI7300, ABI7500, ABI7900, ABI StepOne, StepOne plus, MJ-Opticon2, MJ-chromo4, MX3000P, MX3005P, Smart Cycler II, Rotor-Gene 6000, LightCycler 480, CFX159, Lif96, Slan 96, iCycler iQ4, iCycler iQ5 & other multi-color systems
For more information on kit availability and to receive a quotation, you can contact SIAL Customer Service.